Monday, April 05, 2010

Random Ailment 5/30

I've got this problem with my lips
They peel a lot
And see this was never an issue, because it was never an issue until I met you

Met you in late summer

And you first kissed me in early fall
Venom began rubbing off a few weeks later
But it didn’t start visibly affecting me until the seasons shifted
And with the cooler temperatures came the first signs of my ailment

As Winter had a growth spurt and made like Sunday morning
Cold easy and dry became the trifecta that laid the foundation of our house
But because our abode was cold easy and dry
My lips just wouldn’t stop peeling
So I relied on your heat your hardness your moisture
Those irresistible fiery candy coated honey laden sentiments
flowed from your orifice to mine
Sticking to my bottom lip like hot gum crushed up under the weight of sculpted heels

And the more red flags I saw
I protested
But as lip met lip they would stick
And it became easier to stay silent
Until the stickiness subsided
Subsided, and finally gave way to the peeling

The peeling

The peeling, the only sign that I was dealing with an infection
And with every kiss it grew more aggressive
So I searched for ointment, covered it up with the ex’s
No, not Blistex or Carmex
But comparisons of previously nurtured relationships
You know, The Ex’s
Shoulda. Coulda. Woulda.
And since you loved me a little bit better than he should have
And held me a little bit tighter than the rest of them could have
I went along for a ride that, under normal circumstances, I never would have

My sense gave way to common misconceptions
That teaches common simple women
The simple common practice of engaging in unprotected love
So I commonly engaged in unprotected love

With you.

Time and again.

The ensuing pregnancy led to the gestation labor and birth of your seed
So we did the only decent thing
Decided to become a family
We held hands and gazed into each others eye's and named him Insecurity
But dreams faded into reality
The reality that you never loved me

And as the tale goes, you’re gone so I’m left to raise our bastard son
A son who is no less than his Father’s child
Cause when I kiss him at night and our lips meet
Your blood coursing through him meets me
And pumps a little more venom into my soul
And so my lips, they continuously peel
Even though you are long gone
They peel
They peel and its fiery
But I endure the pain
Raise our child in a happy home
And so that our abode never again becomes cold easy or dry
I nurture our seed, kiss him every night
Because no matter the sins of the Father
Every child needs their Mother…


(c)j.claude'10-Phoenix-

No comments: