Saturday, February 05, 2011

Untitled Genius (Collab)

A friend and I collabed on a piece quite randomly last year...finally got around to piecing it together & voile!! Out came a finished product

After each section that we wrote, shortened versions of our names are listed in ()

PT=PoeticTone
Ph=Phoenix

I truly was inspired & had so much fun doing this, vibing off of his energy!! I hope you all enjoy!!

Untitled Genius



Too often I have to remind myself to try to forget about you...You disturb my nerves to the point where loving you is not longer optional but a mandate function for my survival...You're my revival...Allow me to celebrate tomorrow inside the womb of your today...Tell me you're worth it...Promise me I'm not dying in vain by devoting my life to you (PT)


To not let you grow would be the evil you assume of me daily/I push you away so that your tomorrow can be the birth of something great/my heart has become a tomb where you're encased & I'm incensed that you'd do me this way/hold me captive by your confessions of grandeur/death by devotion is never a vain act of glory/but I'm not entitled to your devotion/not deserving of your glory/I wish to give you freedom/I could promise you the world then hand you a globe made of plastic, so then how much would my promises matter/to love me is to forget you/so I option for the latter of the two/I need to forget you/cause you make loving you way too easy/& I've always been told that if it's too good to be true then...(Ph)


you dont turn away but pray for the courage to stay...I cant feed you the desire to allow the demo tape of love to play but I can refuse to move out your way making us a stagnanted momument of uncertainity...By deciding to refuse the opportunity with my love is the way you hurtin me but God breathed a little deeper breath when He formualted my flesh so I got thick skin...My freedom is in you--so I'll sit in the front seat on the bus of your heart like Parks and become the rebel with a cause who ignores your flaws like Newton but fact remains...Im not moving!!!...Implanted like roots...Read the palm of my soul and follow the route less traveled... (PT)


brilliant in theory/foolish in flesh/but in flesh I stand/hope resurrected/and so we're here/face to face heart to heart root to root/shift back so I can settle make room/but don't give me too much space & let me settle for nothing less than the entangling of our fingers the merging of our moons/the meshing of our color/and since God breathed a little deeper in you/let the tips of our fingers collide &, wait, see that!?? Now He's breathing for two/every beat runs from your heart through your feet right back to me/through my heart to my lips to your ear/catching Psalms on the wind whispering those vital words to convince your diaphragm to move/MOVE/breathe again/beat again/one more time so I can feel you again/and again/and...(Ph)


Im fasciated..fixated...bound by sounds of truth...Even if they place my heart in solitary confinement, I'll still institute a method to reach out to you..You reside in the belly of my devotion so Im holdin on to each breath you breathe...Your exhale is the inhale I need...I often sleep in fear, scared to roll over, dont want to look the glimpse of heaven wrapped in satin sheet with a head full of rollers...Pearl Harbor touch, you invade my turf to shatter my earth with explosions of forever...and all I can pray is that, we get it together...we find our scale of compromise that blends us together so you dont mind bending time with me...Allow my love to be your bravery...I've signed forms approving our storm so when I fall, DNR(Do Not Resusciate), do not save me! (PT)



Poetic Tone 2010

j.claude(C)2010 Phoenix

No comments: