Monday, February 07, 2011

Introspectively speaking...

"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity...Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."-Henry David Thoreau




I'm realizing more and more as my breaths turn into sunrises turn into sunsets turn into days weeks months years that I need to take myself a little less seriously. I've found such solace in my goals and accomplishments, but at the same time have found reason to berate myself over my failures. Peace has been on my list of things to acquire for quite some time now, and I've figured out how to attain and hold on to this rare treasure. The moment I stopped wondering why my failures were present in my life, and started understanding that I am a collection of every moment (failures and achievements included) in my life, I figured it out! Peace is not stumbled upon when all the bills in your life are paid, all relationships locked into place, and every day is another monumental picture in the "Who's Who in This Game We Call Life"; it is rather gathered in bits and pieces during those rough patches in our lives...when we are sailing along w/o a destination, and feeling disconnected from our purpose, peace is a decision we make to live every moment!! Not like it's our last or first, but as if it's a privilege. Our circumstances cannot define our peace, because circumstantially, everyone has to sleep at night, and its during those times when we rest that true peace can grow. Its all about conscious efforts. Decisions made inside the moment to fight for your right sleep soundly at night.

Sitting, staring at the water during Christmas Break at my Mom's house, I watched the tide roll in and out...and then it hit me. Waves, miles from shore are still connected to the peaceful lulling ripples nipping at the feet of those strolling by. No matter the position or state of action the water is in, it's all connected. You can't disconnect water from it's wave. Hmmmmm...ok, so the revelation came to me...I'm like that water...I can't be separated from my purpose, even if I tried. This bit of knowledge has completely changed my way of thinking!! I am determined to shake the fear and restlessness and anxiety and stress from my mind and heart and go CONFIDENTLY in the direction of my dreams. God is so great in his ability to reveal the semblance of Earth & Heaven stored in simple nuances of every day life.

I said ALL of that to say, I'm making the effort to see past the mountainous terrain sprawling across my life...I've been so caught up stressing that these failures and burdens and barriers were piling up and blocking me from my blessing instead of just taking a moment to chill...relax...yeah, the mountain has to be climbed but its really ok to pause & enjoy the breeze every now & then...

And besides...I have a better view of sunsets from up here...

it's the little things that make all the difference...


j.claude(C)2011 Phoenix

No comments: