Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dumbed Down 20/30

Uneasy
Unrest that follows the hesitation stuck in your chest
like breaths trapped in the onslaught of asthmatic gasps for life
there is no room for capturing of revelations or deeply inhaling
so haling Marys becomes the first choice of instinct
this insight staggers in on the tail end of
pipe dreams laced with trace amounts of reality

two hits to an already unstable psyche convinces me that
prime time tv remains the only place where
relativity is relatively accessible
so bartering my gifts and talents to the highest bidder makes me marketable
my soul, once unattainable, is next in line to be strapped across the auction block
and as long as I'm content in selling my flesh
trading venues for sex
they will from time to time let me slip in some of my own unadulterated thoughts

ignorance, like shrapnel, pierces the core of my beliefs
bullet wounds to my sanity
shots to the head assasinating royalty

"assimilation
assimilation
assimilation"

they demand & they scream

and so just like I bleed the remnants of life
cyclic
periodically dripping between my fleshy thighs
The message God has given me bleeds out of the wounds
dripping and sticking around my eyes

reaching up & wiping away relics of warrior cries
fingers stained with the crusted remains of deities
songs on the wind and the wisdom of ageless men
but I can't stop the loss
and it crowds my lids making my vision blurry
Kings and Queens sing tribal songs of sorrow the more I blink
cause the more I blink, the less I see
and the, less I see the less I think
and the less I think the less I need to make a scene
and the less I need to make a scene the more money they are willing to pay me
cause they know I got mouths to feed
but if I'm anything like the degenerate bleeding out beside me
I'm blowing this first whiff of cash on anything shiny and fast
and I'll be back knocking on the door first thing in the morning
beggin them to hit me
hit me
hit me with a little somethin' more

cause at first I was inhaling
pipe dreams laced with small amounts of reality
but now I'm ready
I'm haling Marys
while they plug me into the system
like needles crossing the barriers of skin
I no longer hear the wind song or the wisdom of ageless men
Kings and Queens have been silenced
I'm injected
purposely infected
disease ridden
carrying the virus of those same men who
once told my Grandfather he was nothin'
after sellin' him 14acres of land
then forcing him to guess the number of beans in a mason jar
just to gain the right to take my Grandmother's hand
and ask for something as precious as marriage
they made spectacles out of them and made them out to be horses to a carriage
fitted with braces and weighted down with words that carried
heavy soul crushing stigmas that were unfair and unbalanced
Ignorance...infectious...deadly

Coursing through my veins making me immune to reason
I hear only my heart beating
the rhythmic call to order
finally got me to breathe without thinking
and now I'm living without dreaming
cranking out ruthless garbage without feeling
I'm yearning but not feining
learning never teaching
seeing never seeing
saying nothing REAL LOUD
dumbed down for mass pleasing

I'm restless and...
Uneasy
Unrest that follows the hesitation stuck in your chest
like breaths trapped in the onslaught of asthmatic gasps for life
there is no room for capturing of revelations or deeply inhaling
so haling Marys once again becomes the first choice of instinct
this insight staggers in on the tail end of
pipe dreams laced with trace amounts of reality

and though the revolution shies away from being televised
you can find it right before your eyes
while you're standing there blinking in sync to the chanting of your name
you've reached super star high
hidden agenda personified

successful...ly silenced

a new sheep for the spotlight...

blinking...


blinking...

every now and then wondering if
the selling of your soul
was worth getting high off your dream...




j.claude(C)2011 Phoenix

No comments: