Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Prayer, Fasting, & Works of Love...my 40 Days starts NOW...

Today starts the last Lent of my 20's.  I am determined to finish strong, and to reach a higher level of spiritual growth and self-awareness.

Although I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather give up homework, showing up for life events (work, appointments etc), working out, being nice to rude people, and abstinence for Lent--I, instead, have settled on giving up Pasta, Sweet Tea, Ginger Ale, Chocolate, Wine, Bacon, Negative comments & my Road Rage for Lent [ideally I can leave Road Rage and Negativity behind me forever].  In turn, I do plan on creating a log of 40 Days of Reflection here on my blog, and will make a conscious effort to spend 15mins a day [NOT when I'm falling asleep] cut off from all of the distractions in my life and use that time to pray.  I am also going to do #40acts [my works of love] ... although a naturally kind person, I will find ways to be a blessing to others intentionally and with joy in my heart.  This next six weeks should be interesting.  I'm looking forward to the journey. 


What are you sacrificing for Christ during this Lent season?  What are you praying for?  What do you hope to gain?? 

Check in from time to see what's on my mind...chime in and tell me how you're doing...help me get through NO CHOCOLATE OR GINGER ALE FOR SIX WEEKS *chuckles*...we can do it together!!

My 40 Days starts NOW.




  Love & Light...  

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

No comments: